I haven't really written an update as to what I've been up to - besides uh working and studying which is where most of my time goes - so here's a little update to the bits of friends, fun and food!
~ Rachelle was home for a visit and we joined the gals from my office for manicures. Rachelle and I then had a yummy dinner at Kisha Popo downtown and were joined by Kristin for some yummy teeny tiny cupcakes at Cupcakes on Broadway. Yes, that's right. If you have not already heard, there is another Cupcakes store!
~ Jeff came up and we went to Lynn Canyon, Horseshoe Bay, and Granville Island. We caught a couple of cliff jumpers at Lynn Canyon which was a little unsettling as someone had passed away there the day before doing the same thing. The trip to Horseshoe Bay was complete with yummy fried oysters from YaYa's Oyster Bar. These are my absolute favourite fried oysters. I don't think I have tried yummier ones before! The treat for my tummy was capped off by an ice cream cone. It was melting faster than I could eat it.
~ Ben and I went to the Illuminare Lantern Procession at Trout Lake. It was an absolutely lovely evening with all the twinkling lights. The fireworks were amazing. I can't recall ever seeing fireworks so up close before and the live music was great! Then last weekend we had dinner at The Afghan Horsemen on West Broadway. It was the first time I've tried food from Afghanistan and it was delicious! I didn't get photos of the food unfortunately. Dinner was followed by some refreshing After Eight gelato at Mario's Gelato. Then this past Thursday, we had dinner at Tandoori Kona at Cambie Plaza in Richmond. It's a little hole in the wall and the food was delicious. The butter chicken and curry were very tasty!
~ Other than that, I've been keeping up with my rehab and the doctor seems satisfied with my progress. I actually bounced a little at the aerobics class yesterday (though with taped knees!)
~ Exams this Wednesday and next Tuesday and then a little bit of time to relax and get organized. Rachelle and I are going to Seattle the weekend after my exam and then in September, Char and I have an Eastern Canada adventure! Montreal and Ottawa here come Lotti and Trina!! :) I'd also like to go to the PNE and Harrison Hot Springs to see the sandcastles before the end of the fall. We're also in the middle of a big audit at work so it's going to be busy!
Hope that ya'll are having a great summer!
t. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment