Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Humility
One of the perks of living in Fairview is that I can walk to a lot of places. Since I enjoy walking, and part of me is a tree hugger, it's perfect. I stayed home from work sick today and ventured out in the afternoon to get some oranges. On the way, I passed by St. Mary's Ukrainian Catholic Church and finally read the sign that says "Under the protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary" or something similar. On the way home, I passed by Blessed Sacrament and there was a young man sitting outside on a bench in front of a portrait of the Blessed Mother. I could hear him crying. I paused a few metres away from him and gazed up at the nativity on top of the church. What a gift our faith gives us - God, so ever loving in times when our heart is broken that if we humbly present it to Him, He will mend and strengthen it.