Tuesday, December 13, 2005

A conversation...

(After 6:30 mass this past Sunday)

t.: Hi Father.

Father S.: Hi, you look good, you must be all done your exams, you don't look stressed.

(After Father L.'s reminder a few weeks back, I have tried to dress a wee bit nicer for mass, but perhaps that wasn't what Father S. was referring to)

t: Oh, no, I have an exam in a week. (thinking to myself "that I'm not ready for") I just went to mass.

Father: (pleasant response) ********************************************************************************* I
I can't remember the exact words, but that's the gist of the conversation.

Going to mass reminds me of how small I am, of how incapable, of how big God is, of how I am part of His family... I sit there and my blood pressure must drop a few points. The overwhelming sense of calm, kneeling, eyes closed in prayer, with the choir singing songs of praise, surrounded by 600 people, surrounded by a wonderful energy, yet feeling that I am the only one there.... of being able to shut everything out, and yet not. I am reminded of how small I am at other times, but there's something about sitting in His house... It's just different.... After mass, I walk out, and I'm ready for the week ahead, lighthearted, renewed and nourished. I can't explain it... that's all that there is to it.

Simply blessed, and truly thankful. I think of life a year ago when I was finding my faith again... I think of the months that have passed and how much better life is -- difficulty, heartache, happiness and all -- when lived with God.

No comments: