Sunday, April 02, 2006

Weekend update...

Even with Jimmy Fallon gone, it's still my favourite skit on SNL.

My weekend update...


Friday - I took my dad out for dinner since it was his birthday on Thursday. We had planned to go to Osaka Today, a little place at Blundell Centre, where they make their udon from scratch. I'm not a big fan commercially produced udon as I find it quite startchy but theirs is quite light. We got there only to find out that it was closed. We ended up going to my favourite greek restaurant, another hole in the wall, Kisamos, in Steveston. It must have been our night, because we did not have to wait. Since it was Friday, we opted for a seafood platter for two. It was delicious. True to Kisamos style, there was a lot of food for a reasonable price! The waitress also remembers us. :) Dinner was followed by gelato for Dad and frozen yogurt for me from Timothy's. My favourite place to get yogurt. =)

Saturday - I went into the office in the morning to finish up some work. One of the partners ordered lunch for us which was really nice! Afterwards, I went to meet my buddy Sam, home visiting from grad school. Our plan was to go to Salade de Fruits but we ended up at Le Cuisson for Shooting Star tea and a chocolate waffle. : ) Also stopped to pick up some asian snacks!

I had planned to do more office or school work last night but ended up resting and watching Le Divorce on tv. I'm not feeling as run down so it must have been needed.

Today, I went to my pilates and yoga class and afterwards I went to the gym to do some cardio. While I was at the gym, a father came in with his two (pre-teen/teen aged) children. He wasn't feeling well. We called an ambulance for him. His daughter, probably no more than 14 or 15, showed so much composure in caring for herself and her younger brother, in answering questions from the firefighters and paramedics, and in finding someone to take her and her brother to the hospital. Her father was taken by ambulance to the hospital and in spite of having to wait almost an hour for a ride, she was extremely calm. So very brave!

Hope that you are all having a nice sunshiny weekend!

t. :)

No comments: