Saturday, December 10, 2005

'Tis the season...

Well... I've experienced my first big deadline at work -- two days!! I was given a file on Tuesday and had to have it ready in draft form by Thursday midday (ish)... And, I thought there was only one company, so I wrapped up another near completed file on Tuesday -- only to find out on Wednesday that there are actually TWO companies that had to be completed!! I got it done in time -- though didn't leave my desk at all on Thursday!

Two weeks to CHRISTMAS! WHOHOO!! :D I'm super excited but at the same time, exam in a week -- so everytime someone asks if I'm ready for Christmas the answer is "I have an exam in ___" But as always before an exam, I like to think of what comes after... incentive if you will... or something to remind me that's there's more to life... so here it is....almost in date order... I fully intend on living it up, and also resting the time post exam as it'll be tax season at work come January...

1. 1st Staff Christmas party (that's actually before the exam)
2. Christmas shopping -- a whopping ONE evening--- hehehehee
3. Annual (since grade 8) dinner with my high school group of friends
4. Shopping take two with Cynthia -- friend for 18 years and counting :D -- yes, since grade one!!!
5. Dinner with Ronnie
6. Christmas with the family
7. Victoria with Chelley! WHOHOO! Our second annual trip over to visit Session and Victoria -- only this year we're not staying over. I can't wait!
8. Tracey's birthday dinner
9. Dinner with my big sister (?)
10. Lunch with Ray (err, hopefully! -- I have never made plans with anyone so many times and not had them work out!)
11. Lunch with Sanyee, Rachelle, Negin and Jocelyn
12. Celebrating Dory's birthday! (And yah that I'll get to see you on your actual birthday!)


Oh, and did I mention cleaning my room? ;) And lots of sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! Ooooh... maybe baking and a haircut -- I've been debating the latter -- to keep it or to cut it... :D

And, amidst all of our excitement and celebration over the Christmas holidays, I hope we will all remember those less fortunate and take time to do something for them too. It doesn't matter how small because if everyone did that something small, it would make something pretty darn big.

Hope ya'll are getting into the spirit of the season, and hope to see ya'll over the Christmas holiday.

Smile lots, eat, laugh, and be merry!

t.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm.... baking. tis the season for lots of tasty treats from the oven

Anonymous said...

oops, that was me above, got caught up trying to decipher the anti-bot word verification thingy:)

-page

t said...

hehehee hi page! i figured it was you because of the time of the post.

yes, 'tis the season indeed. hope to see you over the christmas holidays too!


hope to see as many of you as possible, and after that there's janauary <3

t.