Well, let's see, Monday morning, I showed up for work wearing exercise pants, sweater and running shoes with my hula girl costume in tow... only to find out that it was a lil' joke on the new staff!! But, we all dressed up. I had to take the skirt off though as similar to Hansel and Gretl leaving a bread crumb trail, I left a trail of grass! So, I spent the day in an outfit reminiscent of my community centre days -- complete with flip flops! YAH!! :)
Monday evening, my Mom and Ronnie came over to help hand out candy with my Dad and I. I had the family in Hawaiian theme with leis and my dad and Ronnie wore hawaiian shirts. I would have to say that Ronnie was the most festive in his outfit complete with board shorts on a cold night! There were some very cute little ones who came to the door. Though, there were a few that did not say "trick or treat" or "thank you", some even with parent standing behind them!!
Instead of carving a whole pumpkin. My dad carved a few small (mini) pumpkins out and I put tea lights in them and lined them up in the walkway by our doorstep... like small mini lanterns - I thought it looked pretty!
Tuesday morning, I discovered that I had driven over a screw so had to get the tire repaired before going to work. I'm just happy that I discovered it close to home rather than having a flat on the bridge!
Other than that, been a pretty low key week, school, working lots since I have been assigned a lot of work and one of the assignments has a short deadline. I was also given my own file this week to work on without a senior directly supervising me -- after only 3 weeks! It was challenging, but I am nearly done!!
Last Saturday, Ronnie took me a black tie/halloween costume dinner! It was lovely and I was impressed by the organization, ethusiasm, and really neat fundraising ideas. They sold balloons to guests and each balloon had a chance to win one of three prizes including a $1600 pearl necklace won by a gentleman at our table. His wife look thrilled! Everyone who bought a ballon got a mug for participating. There were also door prizes and a silent auction. Fundraising auctions are one of my favourite things! So, I opted for this instead of a balloon. Donating money to a good cause, getting something neat and just the bidding and anticipation to see if I have the winning bid! And, I did!! I bid on gift certificates to Richmond Centre and Ann Louise Jewellers... and had winning bids for both!
Well that's it... going to take it easy this weekend, clean up do some studying and rest up -- I have to get rid of this cold once and for all!
Stay warm.
t.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hi.
Post a Comment