I'm going to plug the lil' fruit and veggie stand on the corner of Number 5 Road and Westminster Hwy. in Richmond.
Now ya'll know I'm a run with the lil' guy (mom and pop shops) kinda gal. My favourite florist (Say it With Flowers) is a wee lil' hole in the wall on West 57th and East Boulevard run by a father and son.... Their flowers are gorgeous and fresh, the prices are incredibly reasonable and well, you don't get service like that at the local supermarket, or even fancier florists. It's a treat just to get to go -- maybe that's why I give flowers more often now!
As for the fruit and veggie stand -- $1 per big plastic box of strawberries (double the size of those lil' green crates), 2 graperfruits for $1, 10 kiwis for $1 -- umm, will someone help me eat all of 'em? Green beans, papaya, canteloupe, cucumbers, baby carrots and grapes also made their way home with me. So for about $25, I had two big bags of veggies. I know from the gym that I can carry approximately 16 pounds in one hand comfortably and walk. (Carrying dumbells around the gym...) I couldn't carry both bags comfortably in one hand... What a deal! And fruits and veggies are good. 7-10 a day!!!
During lunch today, I took time to enjoy the sunshine and walked down to West 4th ( I work at West 12th so it isn't too far a walk, tho a mite hilly for a gal used to the flatness of Lulu) and bought my very own pilates mat!!! :) I start two of the classes this week, and then the third class starts on the 18th. There's still space in all three so if anyone would like to join, please do!
Thursdays 8:20pm-9:20pm pilates
Saturdays 9:30am - 10:30am pilates
Sundays 11:00am-12:00pm pilates/yoga combo
And then there's the Wednesday night drop in class that I do -- Thai Bo Boot Camp -- 90 minutes -- 10 minute or so warm up, 40 minutes Thai Bo, 40 minutes bootcamp (running, step aerobics, free weights, body bar, stability ball, pilates) It's super duper fun and I would especially like to see some guys come out!! Last Wednesday there were four guys at the start, by the end, only one remained.
Hmm, I'm not sure how my plug for the fruit stand turned into plugging group fitness classes but ah well.... I suppose the two go hand in hand...
Enjoy the sunshine!
t.
Monday, February 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment