Sunday, February 19, 2006

Weekly re-cap

Well, I'm sitting at home hurting... Last weekend, my pilates instructor (who has taught aerobics/yoga/pilates etc. for 25 years) mentioned after looking at my knees and how I stand that I probably shouldn't be running. She could tell right away that I was pigeon toed. And today, she noticed the arches in my feet aren't well arched. I should have listened. But stubborn and determined to learn to run heel toe, I still kept at it this past week. Added in, the amount of jumping etc. that I did when I tried a sports conditioning trainer -- more on that later. Needless to say it hurts. My ankles, shins, random parts that until I take my fitness course I don't um know the name of. (Chel, I'll ask you when you come home! ;))

I had decided that I wouldn't try running for at least two weeks but when I went to do cardio this morning and wanted to challenge myself a bit, I thought maybe just a couple of intervals wouldn't hurt. By the time I got to pilates/yoga... OUCH.

So, definitely no more running for now!! I know that there's other things that I can do and I don't have to run but I just want to be able to do it for a reasonable period of time. I am going to see my doctor and try to get a referral to physio to try to help whatever problem it is that's causing it to hurt. I was told when I was a teen that I might have this problem since my knees turn inwards but I have never really tried to run this regularly until now. Cardio wise, I'm not huffing and puffing but it hurts like... well it hurts. My pilates teacher is going to bring me some kanga boots to try out next week since it's supposed to help correct the pronation if I really really want to run. Boo.


Anyways...here's a weekly re-cap since I haven't done one in a while...


Monday ~ Midterm.

Tuesday ~ Happy <3 Day!

I decided to try out a new trainer, he focuses primarily on sports conditioning but I thought it might be fun to try. It was fun but too reminiscient of gym class. And well, during one of the exercises, the instructor said he thought I could jump higher. I asked him if I had mentioned that I used to cheerlead. He said "no, but the visual of that is nice." (EWW!)

The remainder of the evening was spent catching up with a friend. :) Laughter is truly an amazing thing.

VDay at work was nice. One of the partners brought in chocolates and one of the girls made cupcakes. Some thought I had made them since I made little halloween treat bags for everyone. Perhaps around Easter again. One of the girls got flowers from her boyfriend who is in the maritimes... so sweet (haha, yes, I'm a sucker for romantic stuff like this.)

Wednesday ~ I didn't make it home in time to go to bootcamp and it was probably better given that my knees were hurting... so I just spent the evening relaxing at home. Work has been super duper busy given the end of February filing deadline.

Thursday ~ pilates!! :) I have discovered that I'm ready for an intermediate level class. The instructor is going to give me modifications for the duration of the course which is really nice!! :)

Friday ~ Hmm...I'm trying to think of what I did after work. Oh, I went in search of the Grey's Anatomy Season 1 DVD. I couldn't find it but ended up ordering it online from chapters.indigo and some books (free shipping!). Then, went to the gym and went on a coffee run for some of my friends who were working late at the community centre.

Saturday ~ Went into work to try to get some of the files off my desk! I like working on Saturday because the office is quieter and I can wear sweats and socks! :) In the late afternoon, I tried out Kerrisdale Community Centre's gym. It's okay. I'm trying to find a gym closer to work but it's hard having been so spoiled with Richmond's awesome community facilities. We're pretty fortunate to have such great public gyms at inexpensive rates.

I was set up with remote desktop now meaning that I can dial my computer at work from my home computer. I tried it out last night, and it's SO cool!! :) Hehee.

Other than that, I won some of the ebay auctions for items that I was bidding on! ;)


So that's it for now. Oh, Grey's Anatomy is pretty great tonight!! Let me know how you are all doing. I'm in a sort of work, gym, school kind of routine right now.... A fellow CGA student said "CGA students must all be single." ;) Looking forward to Resonance this weekend -- an outing!! Oh, and I guess to the Orthodontist too... if that counts as an outing!

Less than a week till the end of February, it's going to be a long work week!!


t. :)

2 comments:

Sushi Tazumi said...

Sunday ~ Got surprised by Poster Boy!! Had a Spyac meeeting!! and got very soar =( Might go dancing next week might not =( But Poster Boy made her day! By Driving all the way to Richmond for the last 15 min of the meeting!

Lab Sushi

t said...

Yes, indeed! What a nice surprise to see poster boy!! Poster Boy and Poster Girl reunited... But where were all the posters?

Thanks for coming out! Thanks for joining our team. :)

Hehee, since you and Jan look like bros, you can be my lil' bro too!


t.