Well, the weekend following my first week of work!! And, it's not over yet...Tomorrow is my compressed day!
The theme for Saturday and Sunday however should be fitness and food.
Fitness...
Yesterday morning, I tried out a new fitness program. My cool guy trainer left :( so I tried a new one. She gave me a circuit training program. Circuit training means a few weight bearing exercises (even just body weight) followed by a short burst -- in my case 2-3 minutes -- of intense cardio -- I ran yesterday and will try to run in those intervals as well. The program also incorporates the use of a Bosu Ball (half a stability ball mounted on a base) as well as the funky functional trainer. I have only used a Bosu Ball a few times before and this is the first time with the functional trainer so that's cool! I'm not entirely happy with the program design (for various reasons), but I will give it a go for a couple of weeks.
Food...
Yesterday afternoon, Char, Janice, Janice's adorable nephew, and I went to Nibbles and Bites! (Nibbles and Bites is a food fair with lots of restaurants offering small portions of yummy food!) It was lots of fun!
For my friends who enjoy food, here is what I ate...
~ KFC Popcorn Chicken (shared with Char)
~ Deep Fried Banana (mmm!! that's the filipino in me!)
~ Butter Chicken with Rice
~ Vegetable Pakora
~ Seafood Medly
~ Strawberry Shortcake
And the verdict - MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! Teheee :)
I had been invited to go Go-Karting in the late afternoon but decided to stay home and clean. (YES, I know... but with work and school getting busier, priorities! I went out during the day and knew I was going out the next day) I have to say though, that I am satisfied with the result! I also watched Bollywood Hollywood and quite enjoyed it!
Fitness...
This morning I had planned to attend an Abs and Back class followed by cardio at South Arm with a friend and Char came too. But, the class was cancelled! :( So we ended up doing some cardio and then walking around South Arm Park with Char. It was the perfect fall morning... comfortably warm yet the air was nice and crisp.
And tonight was LifeTeen's Amazing Race! It was lots of fun and wow to the two who organized it! Since I helped with a station instead of chaperoning a group, my highlight had to be trying to fly a kite (and got it up) at Garry Point in the pitch black! =) It wasn't a very windy night. All in all, a really wonderful LifeNite!
Hope ya'll had a good weekend.
t.
p.s. The internet connection at home was repaired today so hopefully I'll better be able to keep up with e-mails etc. Still working on the broken cell phone but for the time being I managed (with some help from a talented engineer! THANK YOU for the how-to!) to turn it on again so it's usable just not reliable!
Sunday, September 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment