Hello all! Well, after the cable connection was fixed, the wireless card (is that what it's called?) started acting up too! And then the cable connection went again, ah well! Anyhoo, I found this survey so I updated it a little and have posted it here.
Fill it out and send it to your friends, as well as the person who sent it to you. You'll be surprised how much you can learn about a person!
NAME: t (:
GENDER: Female
ASTROLOGICAL SIGN: Taurus
HEIGHT: 4ft 9 1/2' (yes, I'm small, but I can still drive a bus! And, I like being small!! :D)
EYE COLOR: Dark brown
HAIR COLOR: Black (at the moment with caramel coloured highlights) RIGHTY OR LEFTY: Righty
INNIE OR OUTIE: Innie
FAVORITES.....
FAVORITE THINGS TO DO: spend time with loved ones (family and friends), go to the gym/aerobics, read, go for walks... in the rain too, read, try new things, bike, have quiet moments, go camping, learn, sit by the fire, be outside, volunteer, bake, do crafts, entertain, take pictures, visit new places, little adventures, swim, work with little ones, intelligent and thought provoking discussion or non-sensical and sarcastic conversation, be silly, smile at strangers on the street, roadtrips, meet new people... so many things!
FAVORITE SPORT: To play or watch? I'm not athletically inclined when it comes to playing sports except when I was a cheerleader! But I like to try...just not vball (so scary, and ouch!)... I've been to hockey, football and basketball games and I'm trying to learn how to golf. I want to learn to scuba dive.
FAVORITE FOOD: broccoli, potatoes, blueberries, sushi, salmon, dark chocolate, plain m&m, cheese, mint chocolate chip ice cream (mmmm!), butter chicken, dumplings, I like food! :D
FAVORITE CLASS: Favorite classes ~ Political Science 1160 at Langara, Political Science 220 at UBC b/c of the awesome prof!, History of the Holocaust - I don't think I've learned more in one class than I did there...I like school and absolutely thrive on learning new stuff, just do not like exams!
FAVORITE MOVIES: Pretty Woman (for the Cinderella story -- I'm a sappy romantic, what can I say!) , Clear and Present Danger (and the other Jack Ryan movies based on Tom Clancy novels starring Harrison Ford) though I haven't watched them for a while, The Little Mermaid, Top Gun, 50 First Dates, 13 Going on 30, I liked Ever After as well -- for the Cinderella story FAVORITE ACTORS: Harrison Ford, Robert Redford, George Clooney
FAVORITE ACTRESS: Julia Roberts
FAVORITE TV SHOW: THE WEST WING!!!! Alias, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (watching it inspires me that if people truly care, they can do great things to help others), Star Trek: TNG, Dharma and Greg... Also like Oprah and The Today Show
FAVORITE PHRASE: That I say? or a quote? I have A LOT of favourite quotes here is one of them... "We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what's wrong in your life, or you can focus on what's right. But whatever you focus on, you're going to get more of. Creation is an extension of thought. Think lack, get lack. Think abudance and you get more." - Marianne Williamson
FAVORITE SONG: Hmm.. quite a few but here are some- Christina Aguilera - Beautiful, Soar, Reflection, and Can't Hold us Down, Whitney Houston - Try It On My Own, Mariah Carey - Hero, Pachbel's Canon, Jim Brickman and Martina McBride - The Gift and My Valentine, Jim Brickman and Tara Mclean - You, Jim Brickman - Destiny (oh the sappy romantic songs!) Twila Paris - How Beautiful, Green Day - Time of your Life, Matt Maher - Love Has Come, Tom Booth - I Will Choose Christ
FAVORITE AUTHOR: Umm... Caroyln Keene!! I'm 24 and still read Nancy Drew! I collect the antique ones.
FAVORITE BOOK: The Purpose Driven Life, The 21 Indispensible Qualities of a Leader, Straight A's Never Made Anybody Rich: Lessons in Personal Achievement, When the Body Says No: The Cost of Hidden Stress (I got to meet the author too!), God is in the Small Stuff And It All Matters, Smart Women Finish Rich, WWJD: The Question That Will Change Your Life. Current Reading: John (Bible)
FAVORITE MAGAZINE: I don't really have one but like to read Food/decorating etc magazines for the ideas, and the newspaper... I like reading them online though.. less to store.. Also have a subscription to Fortune (at the advice of a prof who got us a good deal!)
FAVORITE HOLIDAY: Christmas! Easter! Birthdays? Do I have to choose just one? Hmm, all holidays! :D But birthdays are special and should be celebrated....life is a gift, it should be celebrated each day!
FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR: Mint chocolate chip (mmmmmm!) Creamy goodness! MMMM!
FAVORITE PERFUME/COLOGNE: On myself, Cool Water Woman
FUTURE NAME OF SON(s): Still waiting for it to come to me
NAME OF DAUGHTER(s): Elizabeth Grace ~ It came to me one day... Elizabeth after my patron saint, Grace because of God's grace
IF YOU COULD MEET ONE DEAD CELEBRITY, IT WOULD BE: Could I meet a dead politician? In which case, Abraham Lincoln
IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR IT WOULD BE: PURPLE!!! :)
IF YOU COULD BE ANY SUPERHERO IT WOULD BE: Seriously?? I would want to be...hmm, perhaps a combo of Superman (to fly and for his strength), hmmm... :) As of late, apparently, I am "Wonder Woman". I don't know what her powers are, will have to find out.
IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB IT WOULD BE: A job where I can work with people and have the opportunity to make a difference.
Dream job(s) Senior City Administrator (maybe like Director of Finance etc), Senior position at big accounting firm, or work either for Federal Government, UN or some sort of NGO... and one day to run a not for profit (and I know exactly what I want to do with it!). Hmm, I suppose job that would marry the CGA, MBA, MPA and maybe CPA that I hope to complete!
A JOB YOU WOULD HATE TO HAVE: A job where I have no contact with people
HAVE YOU EVER... RAN AWAY FROM HOME: When I was about 6 years old or so I can't remember why but I was sooo upset so I told my parents that I was going to live in our storage room. I even packed a bag!
BROKEN A BONE: No, but I cut my chin open though when I was in grade 2(?) falling off the monkey bars and landing in glass! I still have the scar.
LIED: No or yes, either way, I may not be telling the truth.
CRIED IN SCHOOL: Yes
FELL ASLEEP IN A MOVIE THEATRE: Not that I recall
MET A CELEBRITY: Saw dustin hoffman's head in london
DO YOU BELIEVE IN...
LOVE AT 1ST SIGHT: .. umm.. yah.. maybe infatuation at first sight! The thought though is a nice one... love at first sight.
HOROSCOPES: No, but can be humourous to read anyhow
ALIENS: It is nice to think that perhaps we are not the only ones out there or here??
ANGELS: Yes
HEAVEN: Yes
HELL: Yes
GOD: Yes, of course!!!
REINCARNATION: umm.. well..
IF YOU WERE TO COME BACK AS ANY ANIMAL, IT WOULD BE: I really like dolphins, so I'd like to come back as a dolphin.
THE FIRST THING YOU THOUGHT OF WHEN YOU WOKE UP TODAY: Mmm, what time is it
IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL: Half full! :)
THE WUSSIEST SPORT: There are no "wussy" sports, to each his/her own!
THE WORST FEELING: Being alone.. I don't mean physically alone but ALONE
YOUR GREATEST FEAR: "There's nothing to fear but fear itself" said a very wise man... We all have fears. I try to always remember that God will see me through. "If He brings you to it, He will bring you through it". But, I worry about not being able to say goodbye to loved ones before they leave. From experience,it's so much harder to do when they are gone. There is a saying that goes "Much unhappiness comes into this world because of things left unsaid." We may never get to chance to tell someone we love, appreciate and are thankful for them, or mend a rift, if we don't do it while they are with us. Also, sometimes that I won't be enough.
YOUR BEST MEMORY: high school grad night, and many other happy memories too
FUNNIEST MEMORY: teehee (not telling!)
YOUR BIGGEST ACCOMPLISHMENT: Up until now.... Getting my class 4...my lil' bus driver licence... no.. let's see learning to tie my shoelaces - it took me forever! But really, learning to stand up and find my way again (figuratively speaking). One of the most special gifts that has come from this process is that the people who love me have noticed the change, that I'm happier, healthier, more relaxed, taking it all on again... They see the difference, and the icing on the cake, I do too. I don't know that I've ever loved the person who I see in the mirror as much as I do now.
YOUR BEST LESSON IN LIFE: (Thus far) That no matter what you think may happen, be open to stuff happening, not necessarily in the way that you want it to. Life is a gift, and we only have one life to live... There will always be people better and worse off than us, so live the best life possible. Challenging and difficult stuff will happen to good people... even when it gets really tough and it seems that nothing good seems to be happening, see the good, no matter how small, have faith and keep on going, just put one foot in front of the other... That's all you can do and eventually, it gets better... To that, I add something my best friend and i always agreed on... never leave a conversation/situation with someone in anger, you never know if it'll be the last time you speak with them. (and you never want to live with knowing that the last words you spoke to a love on in were of anger)
DO YOU THINK YOU'VE LIVED LIFE: I try to! Carpe Diem right? In terms of experiences... so far... Helping at camp taught be a lot about being grateful for what I have, and a young camper taught me a lesson in serving others and selflessness, a lesson in humility; Being in parliament taught me about potential and what one is capable of if you truly believe and are willing to work at it; The very many opportunities to travel to a lot of places opened my perspective; The friendship and loss of my best friend taught me to cherish the time that you have with someone, it might end too quickly... (and of what it means to be loved unconditionally and have someone who always has your best interests in mind and will do anything and everything to see you happy); Getting sick made me value my health -- the illness together with the loss taught me about accepting weakness and seeing strength in the acceptance.... All this along with the other challenges and experiences have made me stronger, constantly reminded me to trust God and to simply be happy in the moment. :) I'm hopeful and excited about now, and what lies ahead!
ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX...
HONESTLY, WHAT DO YOU NOTICE FIRST: Wait, have I not been honest the whole way through?
MUST-HAVE PERSONALITY TRAIT: There are lots of "traits" I think that we all look for.. for me, honesty, genuine, appreciation, maturity but more than that... someone who appreciates and respects me for me... appreciates the me that I love about myself (if that makes sense) and treats me with respect and consideration... oh and gentlemanly-ness....
DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON SOMEONE: Hahaa, that's for me to know!!!
WHAT KIND OF THINGS DO YOU FIND ROMANTIC: The little surprises that someone does for no reason at all! Also, probably if someone planned out some really sweet romantic day/afternoon/evening teehee.. I can be such a sap! (long walks on the beach at sunset, a picnic at the beach, candle lit dinners, fireplaces )
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU...
CRIED: Probably a few days ago
PUNCHED SOMEONE: I don't know
JUMPED ON YOUR BED: not recently... teehee, maybe when I finish this!! :D
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF...
ABORTION: A very tough issue... being Catholic, I believe that creation is not an accident and that each life is part of God's plan. It isn't up to us to choose whether a baby should live or die. My question is always what about the baby's right to have a life? What if your parent had chosen to abort you? At church, we challenged our teens recently to pray for the unborn child everyday for the next nine months.. and some of the leaders (including myself) took up this challenge too... It makes me think of the women faced with the decision. We pray for them too.
YOUR FUTURE: I heard a priest who met Mother Teresa tell us a joke that she had told him "If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your future." Have faith and life life in such a way that at the end of the day, there are no regrets.
WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR... AFTER HIGH SCHOOL: Went to university :)
AFTER UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE: One part of university is done, finish accounting diploma, get accounting designation (maybe 2?), work in public practice, hopefully meet the man I am supposed to marry and have little ones (I want to be a great wife and mommy. It would be such an amazing gift to raise a family.), pursue an MBA then perhaps MPA and work for government or NGO... Hopefully have the opportunity to live and work in another place as well. If I've learned anything in what's happened over the past two years, it's wonderful to have plans and goals and stuff that you want to do to give you direction, but it's equally important to be open to change and suggestion and the fact that things may or may not work the way you want it to... let life unfold
MARRIAGE: One day, if that's my calling... I hope so! I pray for my future husband (if I am meant to be married) and that if so, God will lead us to one another in His perfect time.
LITTLE KNOW FACT ABOUT YOU: Hmmm... if after all this, there is still something someone wants to know? I'd be surprised! And, I'm not sure there is anything else? Ha! I know.. I am very afraid of snakes.. but that's a well known fact. And, sometimes, I worry too much... I know it isn't good so I'm working on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment