There are some things in life that you just do not want to share a name with...One of the worst hurricanes in history is certainly one of them.
In the past week and a bit, I've watched the news and read news reports and I cannot imagine what those whose lives have been touched by the hurricane must be going through. As I watch the news, I have found myself both sad and in awe of the strength of the survivors and those who have dedicated themselves to lending a hand. This evening was no exception as I watched a piece about the many, many children separated from their parents... Authorities working on creating re-constructed images to make it easier for children to identify their deceased parents.
Another story, showed a man that had to be separated from his dog because the shelter he is going to will not allow them. Something perhaps that is taken for granted every day, just being able to be with your pet. This piece had such a human side. Something that amidst what must be chaos may be forgotten, a beloved member of one's family, a pet.
Lulu, much like New Orleans is protected from flooding by a dyke system... It could just as easily happen here, it could just as easily have happened anywhere.
May we keep all these people in our thoughts, in our prayers, and do what we can to help.
American Red Cross
Canadian Red Cross
May we also hug those we love today too.
t.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment