Well, the computer problems continue!! But hopefully will stay connected long enough for this post...
It's been a busy few weeks.
Work: 2 more days!! I can hardly believe it. The decision to leave was tough, and leaving will be even tougher. I have only been at the detachment for 3.5 weeks but it already feels like much longer (in a good way). The people are wonderful. I finally know my way around! I went into a jail cell today and, two weeks ago, I went to my first work related party. The food was amazing complete with chocolate fondue FOUNTAIN!! (Wow!) I even got a bluetooth headset as a present for attending! It doesn't work with my phone though. What means even more though is that the people that I work with now were understanding and supportive of my move to the firm. What more, I will revert back to "auxiliary" so that I can go back to the community centre and sub once in a while -- and keep my free gym membership!!
And in other news -- I have accepted a position with an accounting firm!! I start October 11. I am excited, nervous, happy, optimistic (cautiously).... one way or another, soon enough, I will know if I have what it takes to be a bean counter!
Outings: Two weekends ago Char, Janice, Jan and I went to Taste of the City at the Plaza of Nations -- good food but personal opinion -- Nibbles and Bites is better!
This past Friday, my (new) friend Ronnie and I went out for dinner and prior to late night sushi I decided to have an ice cream bar from Purdy's. As I tried to gracefully eat it, the bar started to break and SPLAT I dropped the bottom portion all over the floor in the middle of the mall! :) Late night sushi was good!
And this Saturday, I am going to Swan Lake! :)
Other stuff: I stepped down from CORE :( The decision was incredibly tough but I know in my heart that it was the right thing to do. With starting a new job and studying, I was not sure I could put the 110% into it that I wanted to so better to help when I can than only showing up half of the time. SPYAC is gearing up and it's shaping up to be a great fall! =)
I have also put my name forward to run for Youth Parliament's Senate (Board of Directors). I am going to start work as an Accountant in large part because three years ago, I was Minister of Finance of BCYP. Parliament inspired me in so many ways and continues to. I want another young person to one day be able to say the same. Elections are in November so will see how it goes!
Fitness: I started a new aerobics class -- Cardio Salsa. It's a fun and challenging workout! The instructor shows both high impact and low impact options so suitable for beginners and advanced. If anyone wants to join me, let me know! I am also hoping to try Thai-Bo Boot Camp (90 minute aerobics class!) sometime soon!
That's all for now!
Smile lots.
t.
Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment