Sunday, October 23, 2005

Challenge...

As most of you know, each new school term or season if you will, I set the goal of learning/trying something new. Occasionally, I throw in a fitness challenge as well...

Something new ~ to execute the breast stroke without sinking in one spot in the pool by the end of December. I know how to do it, but I cannot get the rhythm right so I end up stalled in one spot, slowly siiiiiinkiiing. It's been a long time since I have gone swimming but something I much enjoyed as a child and teen... even having the honour of being the last person in the pool (yes, I know) during a high school swim meet. In order to help me become more proficient, I have enlisted the help of a special friend who used to coach swimming. Perhaps I will end up being his toughest challenge yet?


Fitness challenge ~ To be able to do two sets of twenty regular push-ups (no knees touching ground, no stability ball, no bosu ball) comfortably by the beginning of December. I can do ten right now so I figure if I add one or two each work out, I should be able to do it by then! I can do about forty or so with the stability ball and fifteen to twenty with the Bosu Ball which I just started using so will see how it goes!

Hmm, as I type this I think perhaps instead of the breast stroke challenge, I have the something new of going to work full time but also, I would have wanted to try the Thai-Bo Boot Camp class (90 minutes of aerobics!) for a while, so perhaps that will be my something new! In addition to the Cardio Salsa class I have been taking off and on the past few weeks!

1 comment:

Sushi Tazumi said...

xHey I might c u tooooday! tweeety bird! hahaha! heheheheh!
I have an exam till like 9:30ish!
hehe!