Hey ya'll!
Thanks for all comments and for stopping by! :) I'm curious as to who has been leaving the witty anonymous comments! Please leave a name or alias -- at least then I'll know if you're the same person or not! It's always nice to know who is reading my random ramblings!
Anyways... so far work is off to a good and overwhelming start (I take lots of notes!) -- I read in the Minister of Finance's Report (BCYP of course) that there was a steep learning curve associated with the ministry. I wrote the same to the incoming Minister when I left parliament. On top of the bulletin board in my cubicle, I put my Minister of Finance nametag up to remind me. The job, much like being Min of Fin, has a very steep learning curve as one of the other associates told me recently. I've spent the past two years in school learning about accounting, accounting theories, tax etc but putting it into practice is much different! The journal entries are the same, though, I got very confused yesterday when trying to enter them into the computer (because it doesn't show debit or credit but rather positive or negative so have to remember the normal balance of the account etc.) But, the difference, in the controlled environment of school, we're given perfect information. Perhaps too much info to determine whether or not we know what's necessary to complete the problem, but all the info we need is there. At work, that isn't always the case, not only that but I'm having to use my own judgement in certain cases...hehee, our profs started us on developing "professional judgement" and now is only the beginning of lifelong development!... I suppose all the complexities are what makes it, and keeps it interesting!
I found out this week that we are allowed to wear Halloween costumes to work on the 31st. I am in need of suggestions -- the only two conditions -- it must be work appropriate and I need to be able to sit for the better part of 8 + hours. Suggestions welcome! I think I would like to be a fairy. Hehee...
Take care ya'll and enjoy the sunny start to the weekend.
t.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cheeezy Idea!!! ^_^
Get two sheets of Poster paper and cover ur whole body in it! ^_^
haha
Freedom was AWESOME!!! I'll post it on my blog soon the many great and exciting events!!! awwwwww u missed it ^_^
Minister of Bean Counting
Congratz! hehe!
Hope to c yah soon at mass!
Ingatz!
Sushi by day *Poster boy by night*
"Corny and cheezy"
Hey!
Thanks dude. I thought about going as Poster girl but I think it might be a bit hard to sit all day with the poster board! =)
And what will you be for Halloween?
t.
Post a Comment