Saturday, October 29, 2005

From last week but I just like the way the word looks, when is the last time we used a word like this!

Word of the Day for Sunday October 16, 2005

lackadaisical \lack-uh-DAY-zih-kuhl\, adjective:
Lacking spirit or liveliness; showing lack
of interest; languid; listless.

Lackadaisical comes from the
expression lackadaisy, a variation of
lackaday, itself a shortening of "alack the (or a) day!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey wangbaby,

have you got your flu shot yet?

t said...

Hi Chelley,

No, I have not? Should I?

Anonymous said...

Flu shots??? I don't know. Sometimes and for some people, it is better for the body to develope its own immunity to the bug. I have not been sick with the flu. I have NEVER take a flu shot! The worst I have gotten is a runny nose and the sniffs.

Anonymous said...

Flu shots I don't know. Sometimes and for some people, it is better for the body to develop it's own immunity to the bug. I have not been sick with the flu. I have NEVER taken a flu shot! The worst I have had is a runny nose and the sniffs.

Sushi Tazumi said...

HEY!!! I hear you're sick !! awwwwwww you missed Lifenight =(
My only one I lead!! hehe! teeeheee
Get well! DOn't contaminate those M&Mz for Halloween ^_^

Anonymous said...

Well, you're not in a high risk group (e.g. working with children, sick people, elderly), so I guess you don't have to. It's a good precaution anyway, so fyi: flu clinics start Nov 1st in Vancouver.

I miss you, wangbaby! See you in a couple of weeks!