Monday, October 10, 2005

I am thankful for...

This list could go on and on and on... I have much to be thankful for -- but some of the bigger ones and lil' ones too since last year. Feel free to add some of your own in the comments section too!

I am thankful for...

~ everything God has blessed me with

~ my mommy and daddy

~ dear friends, and especially when they phone or e-mail just to see how you're doing - the for no reason other than to remind you they are thinking of you calls and e-mails

~ finding my way back home (figuratively speaking)

~ being healthy again

~ that people notice I'm happier, healthier and more relaxed

~ that I know it too (and other things that come with that)

~ a simpler life -- and all the perspective, experience and strength that comes from previous challenge

~ getting to visit my family in California and seeing all the little ones

~ the job opportunities -- funny how I thought "what if I don't find one?" and all of a sudden it turned to "which one do I choose?"

~ having the opportunity to serve on Core, even for just a brief time -- 6 years in the making :)

~ our new SPYAC team!

~ making new friends!!!

~ hopefully getting to sit on Senate

~ volunteering on the downtown eastside -- to keep things in perspective and to remind me how blessed I am to have a loving family, food on the table and so much more

~ cleaning out my closet and realizing how much stuff I have that I do not need -- similar to the first time I helped at Camp Phoenix, it reminded me to think about what I really need before shopping etc.

~ seeing people donate their time and through that, part of their heart and self to truly serve others -- it inspires me to do more and humbles me to see people whose hearts are in the right place who want to make the lives of others better [I don't mean those who do it for self serving reasons (grad school apps etc) and then complain about it!] "We give little when we give of our posessions, it is when we give of our heart that we truly give."

~ meeting someone in passing who helped me see something special in me -- who helped me see me differently

~ all of the many, many people who helped me get from can I do this to bean counter in training -- and there have been many who have encouraged me and provided opportunities to learn more and gain experience

~ "adventure"

~ how wonderful my new co-workers at the detachment are and how supportive they were when I told them I was leaving after a month

~ the opportunities to give back to organizations that have given me so much

... Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.